Vacancy: Senior Project Officer (EECA)
Vacancy: Senior Project Officer (EECA)
The International Department is responsible for funding community-led action to increase access to health and rights and conducting global advocacy towards these aims. We focus on communities of populations living with or affected by HIV (including LGBTIQ+ people, sex workers, people who use drugs, youth, women and children) in ten countries and two regions worldwide.
To join our key populations team, we are looking for a
Senior Project Officer (EECA) - 28 hours p/w
What does the team do and what are you going to do
Worldwide, key populations continue to account for a disproportionate number of HIV infections and AIDS deaths. Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA) has the fastest-growing HIV epidemic in the world.
Aidsfonds has multiple projects implemented in the region. We focus on mobilising funding and investing it in urgent HIV responses and community systems. It will be your responsibility to coordinate and implement this project portfolio with the support of your team within Aidsfonds.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Lead and manage the EECA project portfolio in accordance with the principles of project-based work and servant leadership, including the day-to-day project management, monitoring its progress, and drawing up the annual plan and budget and reports, take on the role of project leader and facilitate decision making
- Coordinate pro-active and reactive fundraising together with our fundraising team to scale and grow our EECA portfolio.
- Represent our work externally, including participation in multiple donor groups and manage existing and new relationships with donors and communities.
What do we offer
First, we offer you an ambitious, inclusive, and diverse organisation in which we work together in an accessible, open, and inspiring atmosphere and deliver quality based on appealing goals and clear roles. In this way we contribute to a world where there are no longer any deaths from AIDS and where people enjoy good sexual health. You are welcome as you are, who you love or what you believe. We are curious about your talents and your social drive to work with us on our mission. You look at issues from different perspectives and you connect with the communities with whom we work, because you can draw on your own experience, have become acquainted with members of these communities or are interested in: people living with HIV, women, youth and children, LGBTIQ+, people with a migration background, (former) sex workers, (former) drug users.
In addition, we offer:
- An exciting position in an international team
- An employment contract initially for one year with the prospect of permanent employment
- This position is based in Amsterdam Sloterdijk (hybrid work from office/home).
- A salary in scale 11 that lies between € 3.625 and € 5.549 gross per month (for 36 hours) for Netherlands-based staff, grading takes place depending on your experience.
- An individual choice budget (IKB) of 16.96% that you can use as you wish.
- In case of working in Amsterdam, an NS business card for all public transport for your commute to work.
- You have 208 hours of leave on a full-time basis (36 hours), and you can buy extra leave via the IKB.
- A personal development budget of €650 per year
You bring the following with you
- Vast experience in grant making and project management
- Inclusivity to all communities we work with
- Collaborative and communicative
- Organised and excellent in coordinating different streams of work.
- Flexible, self-driven and good at stress management
- Fluent in English and Russian
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks effectively, and to meet organisational and project deadlines.
- Preferably based in the Netherlands
You can apply until Monday the 5th of February 2024 by uploading your motivation letter and curriculum vitae on our application page by clicking on the below button.
More information about our projects and organization? www.aidsfonds.nl www.aidsfonds.org and www.soaaids.nl
If you have an urgent question about the content, you can contact Samuel Matsikure, Team leader, via telephone number: +31 208922374 or send an email: email@example.com