Our mission is a world without AIDS by 2030. We can stop the epidemic only if we focus on the people and regions most affected. For many years, Aidsfonds has been playing a pioneering role in focusing the AIDS response on those population groups who are affected the most by the HIV epidemic due to stigma and discrimination. We make a stand against injustice. We tackle hurdles that others cannot, will not or dare not attempt to overcome. We put topics on the agenda that others cannot, will not or dare not discuss and we give support to people who others cannot, will not or dare not support.
- We believe in local community solutions. People in the community know what does and doesn’t work in practice and are aware of the needs, sensitivities and challenges. That’s why we always put local communities at the heart of our programmes. Changing behaviour always starts within the groups and communities concerned. We work closely with those that are most vulnerable to HIV and other STIs and most affected by stigma and discrimination. It is essential that education, testing, treatment and healthcare are accessible to everyone, people should feel encouraged and free to use these services.
- We develop innovative approaches and put them into practice. And we fund promising projects. To find solutions for problems that have not yet been tackled. New methods are required to stop AIDS and radically reduce the Big Six STIs. We boldly experiment, tackle challenges that others are reluctant to address, test our solutions and help governments to roll out the results of our pioneering work.
- We work on the basis of what has been proven effective in the AIDS response and never on the basis of assumptions. Research is therefore an essential part of all our projects. We also fund scientific research in the field of HIV/AIDS. We have decades of experience in responding to AIDS and by reaching and involving target groups and communities. All our efforts are based in over 3 decades in the AIDS response.
- We advocate worldwide to put AIDS high on the agenda and to get sufficient funding. And we share any insights we gain. This empowers our partners and gives people the opportunity to stand up for their rights. Engagement to end AIDS is required at all levels, from individuals and countries to global organisations such as the United Nations. We lobby worldwide to put AIDS high on the agenda and to get sufficient funding. And we share any insights we gain. This empowers our partners and gives people the opportunity to stand up for their rights. We boldly experiment, tackle challenges that others are reluctant to address, test our solutions and help governments to roll out the results of our pioneering work.
- We believe in a combination approach to a complex issue. To respond to AIDS in all different ways, we are both a source of funding and developer of our own projects with funds from other donors.
To reach our mission of a world without AIDS by 2030 we have established a strategy for the period 2017-2021: In this strategy our mission and vision for the future are leading: Aidsfonds works tirelessly to achieve a world without AIDS. Every day, we work all over the world to end AIDS before 2030. The strategy document will tell you all about our mission, vision and goals we have set for ourselves and the considerations that have led to them. We are concrete in our goals, the urgency is clear, but we won’t rush ourselves. Some of our goals are an integral part of the implementation of our strategy. Those will be established in the near future.