Vacancy: Team Leader Children, Youth & Women team
Vacancy: Team Leader Children, Youth & Women team
For our Children, Youth, Women team, we are looking for a Team Leader. Work on a world without AIDS and help fight STIs. With a job at Aidsfonds - Soa Aids Nederland, your talents and your involvement come together. More than 150 highly motivated people work at our office in Amsterdam.
About the international department
The International department is responsible for the funding of community-led action to increase access to health and rights, as well as for conducting global advocacy towards these aims. We focus on funding communities of populations living with or affected by HIV (including LGBTIQ+, sex workers, people who use drugs, youth, women and children) in 10 countries and 2 regions worldwide. Our 2022-2025 strategy ‘For all that is love’ describes our ambition towards increased co-decision making with community representatives throughout our funding. The international department consists of an advocacy team, the secretariat of the Robert Carr Fund, and two programmatic teams: Key Populations and Children, Youth & Women. The teams’ work is organised in projects with project leaders responsible for the implementation and budgetary management of their projects.
To join our Children, Youth & Women team, we are looking for a
Team Leader (32/36 hours per week)
Worldwide, women, young people and children continue to account for a disproportionate number of new HIV infections and AIDS deaths. We have the tools to ensure that people living with HIV can live a healthy and long life, and that new infections can be prevented. Gender- and power stand in the way of access to good prevention, treatment and care for many women, young people and children. Aidsfonds is committed to supporting these communities to access their health and rights. The Children, Youth & Women team contribute to this aim by co-creating and funding community-focused partnerships and projects and by leading on global pediatric and youth advocacy.
The team leader undertakes human resources responsibilities for the team and the team members. The team leader monitors and actively facilitates the quality of implementation, knowledge management within the team, and strategic coordination of the team’s broad project portfolio. You contribute to the optimization of business processes, fundraising and organisational development. Your role as a team leader is to allow your team members to flourish, based on the principles of servant leadership.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- You stay actively informed on trends and opportunities and inform the team’s project portfolio in response to these trends
- You work with your team of professionals to implement the organisation’s strategy, including its ambition towards co-decision making with communities
- You coach and mentor team members and support their professional development from the spirit of servant leadership and you provide guidance toward collective impact
- You organise and monitor the qualitative and quantitative capacity planning of the team and coordinate the deployment of team members across the projects
- You have an eye for internal and external developments and actively seek synergy and strategic cooperation within and outside the team, including through external representation and networking
- You build and maintain a broad network of strategic partners, experts and donors with whom you explore fundraising opportunities and initiate potential partnerships to expand the Children, Youth and Women portfolio
- You contribute to the development and implementation of departmental and organisational policy, including annual and strategic cycles
What we offer
First of all, we offer you an ambitious and diverse organization in which we work together in an accessible, open and inspiring atmosphere and deliver quality based on appealing goals and clear roles. In this way, we contribute to a world where there are no longer any deaths from AIDS and where people enjoy good sexual health. You are welcome as you are, who you love or what you believe. We are curious about your talents and your social drive to work with us on our mission. You look at issues from different perspectives and you connect with the communities with whom we work, because you can draw on your own experience, have become acquainted with members of these communities or are interested in: people living with HIV, women, youth and children, LGBTIQ+, people with a migration background, (former) sex workers, (former) drug users.
Among other things, we offer
- An exciting leadership position in an international team
- An employment contract initially for one year with the prospect of permanent employment
- A salary in scale 12 that lies between € 3.882 and € 5.787 gross per month (for 36 hours), grading takes place depending on your experience
- 8% vacation money
- 8.3% year-end bonus that is also calculated on your vacation allowance
- A multiple choice system of employment conditions
- Development and training opportunities
- Working from home opportunities, flexible working hours and the ability to determine your own agenda
- Collaborative and communicative
- Someone with an eye for people and results
- A promoter of the principles of servant leadership
- Inspiring, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial
Requirements & experience
- You bring proven experience in leading professionals, experience or affinity with project-based work and servant leadership
- You have knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS, gender, sexual and reproductive health and rights, the international playing field, and in particular the specific issues facing children, youth and women
- Strategic thinker and networker and have strong knowledge and network of international cooperation and proven experience with fundraising, grantmaking and partnership development
- You have an academic work and thinking level supplemented with knowledge of project management
- You are fluent in English communication skills, able (or willing to learn) to read and understand Dutch; residing in the Netherlands or willing to move to the Netherlands
Need more information?
Call (0629335287) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) Mirjam Krijnen, Director of International Programmes
A (development) assessment may be part of the application procedure.
How to apply
Send your motivation letter to Mirjam Krijnen, Director of International Programmes, and include an extensive CV.
Let us know why you are the Team Leader we are looking for before Thursday, June 16th 2022. The interviews will take place in weeks 25 and/or 26.