Vacancy: Project Officer Key Populations Team
Vacancy: Project Officer Key Populations Team
Are you a passionate professional who wants to contribute to a world free from AIDS and where people enjoy good sexual health? For our Key Populations team, we are looking for a project officer.
Project officer (24 hours per week)
Worldwide, key populations continue to account for a disproportionate number of HIV infections and AIDS deaths. We have the tools to ensure that people living with HIV can live a healthy and long life, and new infections can be prevented. Gender- and power inequalities stand in the way of access to good prevention, treatment and care for many LGBTQI+ people, people who use drugs and sex workers. Aidsfonds is committed to supporting these communities to access their health and rights. The key populations team contribute to this aim by supporting community-led partnerships and projects and by leading on global advocacy.
The project officer will support the Eastern Europe and Central Asia portfolio within Aidsfonds. This portfolio consists of four projects focusing on (1) providing rapid, emergency and low-threshold financial support to community organisations to address the urgent unmet needs of key populations and to provide uninterrupted services and safety for communities, (2) strengthening community responses to HIV/AIDS and their sustainability, (3) addressing the scarcity and fragmentation of the international funding for key populations in the region. In these projects Aidsfonds operates as involved fundraiser & funder, being the grant manager, fundraiser and co-coordinator of the diverse projects together with the local community organisations. The project officer will work on the projects together with three project colleagues, a business controller, and fundraising and marketing experts.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Support in fund and grant management, a division of labor will be made between involved colleagues based on individual affinity and project needs. This includes tasks like reviewing applications, conduct due diligence, corresponding with partners, preparing contracts, reviewing work plans and reports, monitoring calls and visits and keeping registrations in the relevant systems up to date.
- You monitor the progress on plans and budgets of diverse partners and provide them with guidance as needed, all the while we meet the accountability requirements.
- You develop reports and communication products for our diverse donors.
- Support the project team in making steps towards co-decision making with community organisations.
- Play a supportive role in other projects of international department based on affinity, interests and needs throughout the year.
- You identify policy, project or funding opportunities.
- You stay actively informed on trends and opportunities and inform the team’s project portfolio in response to these trends.
What do we offer
First of all, we offer you an ambitious and diverse organization in which we work together in an accessible, open, and inspiring atmosphere and deliver quality based on appealing goals and clear roles. In this way, we contribute to a world where there are no longer any deaths from AIDS and where people enjoy good sexual health. You are welcome as you are, who you love or what you believe. We are curious about your talents and your social drive to work with us on our mission. You look at issues from different perspectives and you connect with the communities with whom we work, because you can draw on your own experience, have become acquainted with members of these communities, or are interested in: people living with HIV, women, youth, and children, LGBTIQ+ people, people with a migration background, (former) sex workers, (former) drug users.
In addition, we offer, among other things
- An exciting position in an international team
- An employment contract initially for one year with the prospect of permanent employment
- A salary in scale 10 that lies between € 2.920,11 and € 4.670,50 gross per month (for 36 hours), grading takes place depending on your experience
- 8% vacation allowance
- 8.3% year-end bonus that is also calculated on your vacation allowance
- A multiple-choice system of employment conditions
- Development and training opportunities
- Working from home opportunities, flexible working hours and the ability to determine your own agenda
- Inclusive to all communities we work with
- Collaborative and communicative
- Organized and excellent in coordinating different streams of work organized
- Flexible, driven, stress-resistant
- Fluent in English and Russian, preferably also Ukrainian
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Able to manage and prioritize tasks effectively, and to meet organizational and project deadlines
- Planning to stay in the Netherlands for at least a year
Requirements & experience
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in either project management and/or grantmaking. Experience in working for an emergency fund is appreciated.
- Experience in working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including communities, civil society, donors, and other experts.
- You have knowledge and understanding of the EECA region, HIV/AIDS, gender, sexual and reproductive health and rights, the international playing field, and in particular of the specific issues facing LGBTQI+ people, people who use drugs, and sex workers. People with lived experiences in this regard are encouraged to apply.
- You are fluent in English and Russian, and able (or willing to learn) to read and understand Dutch. Communication skills in Ukrainian would be appreciated.
- You are based in the Netherlands.
You can apply till the 2nd of November 2022 by uploading your motivation letter and curriculum vitae on our application page (see below button). The first round of interviews takes place on the 8th and/or 10th of November 2022.
More information? Visit aidsfonds.org and www.soaaids.nl If you have an urgent question about the content, you can contact Lynn Werlich, team lead key populations, at email@example.com (Please use this e-mail address only for questions and more information).