Vacancy: Project officer (36 hours per week)
Vacancy: Project officer (36 hours per week)
For our Children, Youth, Women team, we are looking for a Project Officer to cover a maternity leave for 6 months (May - October 2022). Work on a world without AIDS and help fight STIs. With a job at Aidsfonds - Soa Aids Nederland, your talents and your involvement come together. More than 150 highly motivated people work at our office in Amsterdam.
What does the team do and what are you going to do?
The project officer will support the Girls and Youth+ Self Care portfolio within Aidsfonds.
This portfolio exists of the following projects: EmpoweRing: Prevention by Choice, You(th) Care, YouthWise, Thandizo, Healthy Entrepreneurs and Stay On.
These projects : i) strengthen the agency of young people to meet their own needs; ii) increase HIV prevention choices for adolescent girls and young women, and; iii) improve treatment outcomes and quality of life for adolescents and young people living with HIV.
In these partnerships Aidsfonds plays the role as involved funder, being the grant manager, and co-coordinator of the partnerships together with the youth-led partners.
The project officer will work on the implementation of the Girls and Youth+ Self Care projects together with the project team, consisting of a project lead, another project officer, communication officer, financial officer, business developer and project assistant.
Your main tasks:
- Grant management of the assigned project(s) of the Girls and Youth+ Self Care portfolio
- Co-facilitate linking and learning between the different projects
- Co-organise and coordinate the partnerships together with youth-led partners
- Support the project team in investment case and proposal development of the Girls and Youth+ SelfCare portfolio
- Support the project team in communication of project results, website updates and development of e-news letter
- Build and maintain relevant network of grantees and partners
- Play a supportive role in other projects of KP and Children, Youth and Women teams based on affinity, interests and needs throughout the year
What do we offer?
First of all, we offer you an ambitious and diverse organization in which we work together in an accessible, open and inspiring atmosphere and deliver quality based on appealing goals and clear roles. In this way we contribute to a world without AIDS and a drastic decrease in the number of STDs. You are welcome as you are, who you love or what you believe. We are curious about your talents and your social drive to work with us on our mission. You look at issues from different perspectives and you connect with the communities with whom we work, because you can draw on your own experience, have become acquainted with members of these communities or are interested in: people living with HIV, LGBTIQ+, people with a migration background, (former) sex workers, (former) drug users.
In addition we offer:
- An exciting position in a dynamically changing organization
- An employment contract for maternity leave replacement, 6 months May-October 2022
- A salary between € 2.774 and € 4.482 gross per month for 36 hours per week, scaling takes place depending on your experience
- 8% holiday allowance
- 8.3% year-end bonus that is also calculated on your holiday pay
- A multiple-choice system of employment conditions
- Home working options, flexible working hours and you can set your own agenda
- 100% reimbursement of your commuting by public transport
- flexible, driven, stress-resistant
- fluent in English communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team and to manage and prioritise tasks effectively to meet organisational and project deadlines
Do you have?
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and SRHR and the international playing field
- Experience in project/grants management, and experience/affinity with meaningful involvement of young people (2-5 years’ experience)
- Relevant academic level
You can apply before Tuesday 15th March 2022 by uploading your motivation letter and curriculum vitae on our application page (see apply button). The first round of interviews takes place in the third and fourth weeks of March 2022.
More information? www.aidsfonds.nl www.aidsfonds.org and www.soaaids.nl
If you have an urgent question about the content, you can contact Martine Weve, team lead Children Youth and Women, at email@example.com (Please use this e-mail address only for questions and more information)