Vacancy: Online Content Specialist - Robert Carr Fund
Vacancy: Online Content Specialist - Robert Carr Fund
For the Robert Carr Fund, we are looking for an Online Content Specialist. Aidsfonds is the Fund Management Agent of the Robert Carr Fund for civil society networks.
Work on a world without AIDS and help fight STIs. With a job at Aidsfonds - Soa Aids Nederland, your talents and your involvement come together. More than 150 highly motivated people work at our office in Amsterdam.
Robert Carr Fund for civil society networks
The Robert Carr Fund (RCF) is an innovative pooled funding mechanism. It was set up in 2012 to support global and regional civil society networks of inadequately served populations, who are disproportionately affected by HIV and experience systematic human rights violations. The RCF aims to strengthen HIV civil society networks to ensure access of inadequately served populations to health, justice, and funding. Read more about our work and grantees here.
The RCF is a participatory fund: it was established in a partnership of civil society and donors. The contributing donors to the Fund are the governments of the UK, Netherlands, United States, Norway, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The RCF is governed democratically by the International Steering Committee consisting of both members of civil society and representatives of funders. The RCF Program Advisory Panel (PAP) consisting of experts from the civil society, informs all RCF funding.
To strengthen the Fund’s Secretariat we are looking for an experienced
Online Content Specialist (16 hours per week)
What are you going to do
As Online Content Specialist, you will support the Robert Carr Fund Secretariat as member of the Communications Team at Aidsfonds - Aids Nederland. You will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the online component of the RCF communications strategy, in close collaboration with the Aidsfonds Communications Lead and RCF Senior Project Officer. You will liaise with the RCF team, grantees and other stakeholders for joint online communications campaigns, efforts, or opportunities. You will report to the RCF Senior Project Officer and Communications Lead.
Your main tasks:
• Contribute to translating the communications strategy into a coherent, strategic, and compelling online presence
• Liaise with RCF team and with Aidsfonds communications colleagues to determine priorities for online campaigns, and design and implement those campaigns
• Develop and manage online content calendar and seek input from relevant team members, grantees, and others
• Manage RCF social media channels, from audience engagement to content development, production, and publishing
• Identify opportunities to represent RCF’s work and its unique approach and value as a participatory grantmaker in engaging and persuasive online content
• Conceptualize and produce compelling copy, graphics, and visuals (yourself and in collaboration with external designer, photographer, or video producer if additional support is needed)
• Analyze statistics and use this to optimize our content and user experience of RCF website and social media
• Support RCF fundraising efforts through timely and strategic online communications.
What do we offer
First of all, we offer you an ambitious and diverse organization in which we work together in an accessible, open and inspiring atmosphere and deliver quality based on appealing goals and clear roles. In this way we contribute to a world without AIDS and a drastic decrease in the number of STDs. You are welcome as you are, who you love or what you believe. We are curious about your talents and your social drive to work with us on our mission. You look at issues from different perspectives and you connect with the communities with whom we work, because you can draw on your own experience, have become acquainted with members of these communities or are interested in: people living with HIV, LGBTIQ+, people with a migration background, (former) sex workers, (former) drug users.
In addition, we offer:
- An exciting position in a dynamically changing organization
- An employment contract for one year first and after a positive final assessment a permanent employment contract
- A salary between € 2.774 and € 4.482 gross per month for 36 hours per week, scaling takes place depending on your experience
- 8% holiday allowance
- 8.3% year-end bonus that is also calculated on your holiday pay
- A multiple-choice system of employment conditions
- Home working options, flexible working hours and you can set your own agenda
- 100% reimbursement of your commuting by public transport
- Persuasive, well organized, creative, proactive
- internationally oriented and a compelling communicator in English. Ability to read and understand Spanish, French or Russian is appreciated
- Able to find your way in a complex organization and work effectively within and across teams
- Experienced in working with diverse group of stakeholders, including civil society, donors, and other experts
Do you have
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience
• A degree in business administration, communication, journalism, marketing, new media, international development or other relevant fields of study
• Knowledge of or affinity with HIV/AIDS, community-led approaches in HIV response, and/or human rights is strongly preferred. Understanding of or interest in participatory grantmaking
and/or decolonial and feminist discourse around international efforts to end HIV/AIDS are a plus
• Experience with developing and executing an online content strategy
• Experience with:
- managing and growing social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn)
- the CMS systems like Drupal and Wordpress
- statistical programs (e.g. Matomo)
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV in English, should be submitted before Thursday February 23, 2022. Please include your resume (no longer than 2 pages) and a brief cover letter (no longer than 1 page), outlining your experiences that make you a good match for the position. Please, include links to online campaigns or other content that might provide a relevant example of your similar work.
Please address your motivation letter and CV to Maria Phelan and Olga Rychkova and use our application page by clicking on the following link: https://soa-aids-nederland.onlinevacatures.nl/app/en/Vacancy/Apply/219431
Interviews will be held in the week of February 28, 2022.
For more information you can contact Maria Phelan, RCF Fund Director at email@example.com or Olga Rychkova, Senior Project Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org (Please use this e-mail address only for questions and more information. If you would you like to apply, please use the link below).