Vacancy: Business Developer
Vacancy: Business Developer
We're looking for an outgoing Business Developer with an entrepreneurial spirit, for 32-36 hours per week.
Aidsfonds - STI AIDS Netherlands works as one organisation towards a world where no one dies of AIDS anymore and where people are sexually healthy so that everyone can love freely and without fear. We do this together with the people who are hit hardest by STIs and HIV because of discrimination and exclusion. We strengthen their voice and support them with information, knowledge, and funding. For all that is love. We work on this in the Netherlands and in 15 countries worldwide.
To make our dream a reality, it is important that we become more entrepreneurial in our ways of thinking and working within the organization, and that we look for opportunities to invest, develop and scale up our models while making our projects sustainable. Could you be the person to help us with that?
For the Development team, we are looking for a
What will you be doing?
The Development Team is a relatively new team in the organization that aims to increase long-term income, improve the sustainability of our programs and create new business models. The team has three focus areas: Major Giving, Institutional Fundraising, and Business Development.
You will promote entrepreneurial ways of thinking and working in the organization, seek opportunities for investment, and develop and scale up our models and the sustainability of our projects. You will work as part of the development and partnerships team which supports the business needs of the organization.
Your work will include:
- Developing investment cases, business models, and propositions for potential donors and partners
- Cultivating relationships and networks of partners, stakeholders, and relevant donors
- Fostering entrepreneurial ways of working and embedding scalability, sustainability, and innovation within the organization
- Following trends and seeking new opportunities for innovative business, financing models, and innovations
Your way of working
- Inclusive and collaborative
- based on a clear vision
- with an outgoing, entrepreneurial spirit
What we offer
First of all, we offer you an ambitious organisation in which we cooperate and deliver quality in an approachable, open, and friendly way on the basis of appealing goals and clear roles. In this way, we can all contribute to a world without AIDS and a drastic reduction in the number of STIs. It does not matter who you are, who you love, or what you believe. We are curious about your talents and your social drive to work with us on our mission. You will look at issues from different perspectives and connect with the communities we work with: people living with HIV, LGBTQ+, sex workers, and drug users, either because you can draw on your own experience or because you have been in close contact with members of these communities.
In addition, we offer:
- An exciting position in a dynamic, changing organisation
- An employment contract for one year, with the prospect of permanent employment
- A salary in scale 11, between € 3.307 and € 5.102 gross per month (for 36 hours), depending on your experience
- 8% statutory holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- Favourable and flexible terms of employment
- Development and training opportunities
- Work from home opportunities and flexible working hours
- 100% reimbursement of your commuting expenses by public transport
What we are looking for
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience and a proven track record in business development
- Experience with the creation of concepts and business models, and bringing innovations to scale
- Knowledge of sexual health, HIV, and reproductive rights. Relevant experience in an international NGO is an advantage
- Excellent relationship management skills and access to an extensive network
- Strong innovative and conceptual thinker
- Excellent English communication skills
- High level of professional and intellectual ability