Grants and funding
Grants and funding
Stay On - 2019 Call for Proposals on lifelong care for people living with HIV
Aidsfonds is pleased to announce its annual International Call for Proposals 2019, titled:
Stay On – Sustainably retaining people living with HIV in care in Ethiopia, Mozambique, Nigeria, or South Africa.
This call looks at the future. With a growing number of people living with HIV (PLHIV) on treatment, we now broaden our focus from saving lives to sustaining our successes for the next decades. This must be accomplished in line with the Universal Health Coverage commitments.
With this call, Aidsfonds aims to support civil society organisations to develop, implement, and monitor an intervention to sustainably retain PLHIV in care. Of course this should have a strong focus on those most vulnerable to drop-out.
The objectives are to:
1. Expand successful approaches to ensure a person living with HIV will grow old in good care. This means work at four levels:
- PLHIV are supported to adhere to treatment throughout all phases of life;
- PLHIV have access to lifelong quality treatment;
- The healthcare system, which includes community-based approaches, is equipped to retain PLHIV in quality care;
- Structural barriers hampering PLHIV to remain in care are reduced.
2. Reach long-term sustainability through national government taking responsibility for systems to retain PLHIV in care throughout their lives. This is a crucial element of the UHC package.
Organisations that meet the definitions and criteria set by this call for proposals are invited to apply for a grant to support the proposed programmes for three years (2020-2022).
The deadline for submission of proposals is 12 September 2019 at 12:00 (noon) CEST.
How to apply:
All applications must go through our online portal https://aidsfonds.grantplatform.com
- After creating an account you will receive an e-mail to activate the account (make sure to check you Spamfolder as well); click on ‘activate’ to start using your account.
- After logging in click on ‘Start application’ and select Chapter ‘Aidsfonds’, Category ‘Aidsfonds 2019 International – Stay On’
please share amongst your networks
- 12 September 2019 - Deadline for submitting proposals by 12:00 (noon) CEST;
- End of October 2019 - Proposals reviewed by experts, anonymous review forms are sent to submitting organisation for rebuttal;
- Mid-November 2019 - Deadline for rebuttal by submitting organisation;
- Mid-December 2019 - Advice of the external advisory committee based on reviews and rebuttals to the board of Aidsfonds;
- Mid-January 2020 - Decision by the board of Aidsfonds, acknowledgements to applicants follow immediately after.
- Aidsfonds’ International Call for Proposals 2019
- Example application form
- Example result & budget framework
Emergency Support Fund for Key Populations in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
Aidsfonds and AFEW International call for applications on Emergencies threatening HIV service provision to key populations in Eastern Europe and Central Asia Organisations from Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, the Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine or Uzbekistan can receive a small grant with a maximum amount of €5.000,- per grant.
With these grants, the Emergency Support Fund supports organisations representing key populations that face difficult circumstances due to legal barriers, stigma and discrimination, financial challenges, and political restrictions. Support will be given to organisations carrying out activities that ensure access to HIV prevention, treatment and/or services for key populations, or projects protecting the human rights of key populations.
Applications can be submitted via the online application portal on an ongoing basis.
Please address any questions to email@example.com
Public-Private Partnership Call for Scientific Research towards HIV-Cure
This call is closed